Thursday 6 April 2023

April has arrived

Hello families,


HELLO SPRING

In our poetry duotang you will see...

My Sit Spot is a quiet space in nature that I chose. It is a space where I quietly observe and reflect on the mother earth and make observations. I return to my Sit Spot many times throughout the school year, noticing the changes over time.


My sit spot is..

-calm

-quiet

-free

-freedom

-nature

-sunny

-love

it makes me feel...

-happy

-connected

-important

-curious

-kind


In math we are learning subtraction strategies. 


What is Subtraction? What are some subtraction words that you already know? Are subtraction and addition alike?

Liliana - 100 minus 1 equals 99 it can make any numbers….

Alysa - they are alike because 18 minus 9 equal 9 and 9 plus 9 equal 18.

Brantley -minus, if you didn’t have minus your numbers would not be lower

Coleton -14 add 14 equals 18 equals 12

Rohan - numbers are smaller

Wynne- Taking numbers away

Quinn - numbers get smaller

Kade -  less than

Ewa -numbers become smaller


Click or copy, paste the links below to play some number operation card games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCapeGhjcec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5ag0rIx2I


April Calendar


Spring favourites







GYMNASTICS








Have a wonderful long weekend. See you Tuesday April 11.
Mrs. Green





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Families

 Hello Families, Students in Room 10 will have beach day on Monday June 12 to celebrate getting all the helping hearts at lunch time.  Pleas...